Sunday, October 01, 2006

hmm..it seems to be about 6 months in between bouts of blog writing at the moment, I wonder if it is simply a representation of how I have happened to structure my life, leaving very little time for the musing of the mind, or if nothing particularly revelational has happened to me in 6 months.

Regardless, tonight was a night of firsts. Tonight was the first time (at least for a number of years) I actually seriously thought about not going to church...that would have been a big mistake - I would have missed out on another first, I actually introduced someone new to the church to someone else in the church. That might sound stupid to some people but I have never been comfortable with people that I know coming into the church I go to (regardless of the strength of their faith.) I guess I just would always be concerned about the things in my community that I didn’t want other people to see, but tonight i was reminded it was not my business where God wants to call people to; So I must make people feel more than welcome, and not be embarrassed with the things that are out of my control at Windsor.

"Blessed is the man who does not fall away on account of me." Luke 7:18

Its amazing how you can read a verse so many times, and still not understand the implications of it fully

No comments: