Thursday, June 02, 2005

I want a best friend...

One of the stupidest prayers that I have said all the time for the last 10 years is "I want a best friend...someone I can confide in, to be accountable to, someone who wants to be around me."

Today I felt extremely extremely stupid....While I have spent so much time praying for God to send me a friend, I rejected the one person who has been my closest buddy for as long as I can remember. I'm feeling pretty crap about the way I've treated Him too. By asking for a best friend, I've effectively said that "Jesus, you could never be my best friend, I want someone better" - man that must hurt him - feeling really, really stink. Even worse, when He presented me with someone that could have been a close friend for me to confide in, I didn't even recognise it.

"Sorry Jesus, stuffed up big time...you're the only friend I ever need and all the kind of friend I could ever want. Help me seek you first when I am lonely. Amen."

1 comment:

Sam said...

Know EXACTLY what you mean here.