Monday, May 30, 2005

No more counterpoint lectures!!!!

Woohoo! I have officially finished my last counterpoint lecture. It is a good day. Not even the rain, the hail, the freezing cold wind, the fact that I have lost my umbrella, and that I didnt wear enough clothes could possibly make my day even remotely bad. For those who dont know (which is nearly everyone) counterpoint lectures are the most boring thing that I have to do, and now it is over. I will sit in silence for a while...


Ok long enough... seriously though, I have been thinking more and more about silence recently. There is something quite special in stilling the mind, to stop doing and just be, to listen. Funnily enough, when I stop to listen, God meets with me. I cannot hear him when I am thinking or doing. It is only when I stop and focus everything I am on Him, that I hear His voice.

Thinking on this now, and stopping to listen, the world we live in is not a silent, quiet place. I listen to the rain as it falls on the roof, and the thunder claps which resonate through the valley, the buzz of my computer box and the gentle tap of the keys as I type... How much do we really miss out on by not stopping to listen? Many people may say that they cannot hear the voice of God speaking to them, but have they ever stopped themselves and waited on Him?

Do you ever stop thinking or doing and simply be?

No comments: