Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Parachute ‘06


Well, Parachute is over and I have to say it was unquestionably fantastic. There are many highlights to a music festival but for some peculiar reason the ‘music’ was not necessarily ‘the’ highlight that you would normally expect…Yet again, the power of astonishing people had to be the most valuable part of the weekend.

I am someone who would define himself as being typically a natural recluse. I’m the kind of guy who seems to instinctively shrink into himself, a natural born loner. However, through some divinely inspired machination of God’s will, over the weekend I was constantly finding myself in the presence of radically cool people.

Although at a festival of something around twenty-five thousand one would expect to find a sample of all kinds of cool new people, I was amazed that these radically cool people, that I couldn’t seem to ever lose, were all people that I already knew. Even when I was able to ‘get away’ from one of them, no sooner had I parted ways than I felt a hand on my shoulder or a bottle land on my head, or some arms link around my stomach and squeeze me tightly. There was someone to jump around and dance with at mumsdollar and reuben morgan, someone to discuss theological stuff with around the tent, someone to sit back and groove to some jazz with and someone to just simply watch, listen and make me smile. There was a little bit of everything that I needed.

Finally having some time to sit in that alone space I found myself curiously not so alone. I am always looking for where God is directing me and I have found that wherever I find him has tended to be where he wants me. I found him today, not in any one person or anything or any place, but in everyone… James, Chris, Casey, Jono, Jacob, Rosanna, Rachel, Alex, Alana, Darren, Jared, Mark, Strahan, Emma, Graham, Catherine, Jo, Tash, Cairin, Greg, Carmel, Leah, and Claire…just to name a few

They reminded me that God is with me always and forever. How can I ever be alone, if God resides in my heart?

My top Parachute Bands for 2006:
Delirious are amazing. And Reuben Morgan rocks my world.

1 comment:

♥elese♥ said...

I was there with you, mate.