Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Half a world away, but right at home none the less...

Although it was on the other side of the world, it was no less effective - i was scared.

In contrast to the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the bombings in London seem to have had a distinctly different response. Perhaps it is only my own reaction but there seems to be a greater feeling of sadness and fear. What am I saying.. Of course it is my own individual reaction... It took quite a few hours for it to sink in exactly how many people that I knew who lived in and around London. In fact, I dont think I have ever felt as scared as I was when I started remembering all those I knew there.

It certainly has made me revisit my values in life. Something I think we all should do more often.

If only life were so simple:

2 comments:

Sam said...

Hey bro, I just read her site. And that post about you.

I actually couldnt believe someone would do that. What an ass.

Something needs to be done, young Jedi.

Jono said...

Yes, indeed it does..

Maybe you should have a closer look at miss penny's photo, or miss penny's profile - i think you will find your choice of gender may not be 'PC' - lol