Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Well I’ve just finished reading the latest Harry Potter book and have come to some interesting revelations.


There is some kind of magic in the magic of Harry Potter that is so tangible it feels almost real. The incessant desire to find out what happens next, what Malfoy is up to? Is Snape really trustworthy? What piece of the puzzle have I not quite figured out yet? In fact I think it is in the genius of J. K Rowling that has me so compelled.

I am a person who is intrigued by the mystery of Harry Potter. One of those people who like to figure out what is going on in a plot before they are actually told what happens. I think there is some failure in the writing, in that we cannot figure out what is going on before we are told, we can only guess. This is indeed the reason that compels us to keep going. It is J. K Rowling’s genius that to solve the mystery, we must read the entire book, indeed all of them. Each book gives us only a small piece of the puzzles plot and one without the others would make very little sense (except maybe the first) Indeed it is the most drawn out 7-book plot that I have ever read. There is more to J.K Rowling that simply good writing; I feel she is also a very shrewd businesswoman.

The only thing that I can say is that I am irritated by the time I have spent thinking about a book that has done more to annoy me that it is has to entertain me.

2 comments:

Jono said...

hmmm yes and JK Rowling has made over 3 billion dollars with a dumb lame ass book... maybe you should re-read my post, it explains exactly why I read the book.

I also thank you for wasting soo much of your time commenting on this... i have to say it is the longest comment anyone has made.

PS i will in a few days remove most of them. I think people get the idea after a few...

Oh and I warn commentors not to be too harsh with Miss Hinkler - the institute is doing its best.

Jono said...

I would also like to note that the comment from Miss Hinkler was originally posted over 200 times. I have since deleted it - you get the idea after one.