Friday, July 15, 2005

The Unfortunate Truth of being an adult...


I have finally experienced the horrid side of independence...stuff costs. My mum finally convinced me the other day that after two years of avoiding the dentist I should probably go and see him. To my utter delight he said something about "really heathly teeth"- Woohoo, no stupid fillings for me. But then to my horror, he asked for 100 bucks just to tell me my teeth were heathly - what a rip off. It then dawned on me that mum did not have the slightest intention of paying and I was loaded with a fat bill that I dont really want. I know since then that I am actually got off very light - several people I know have to have lots of dental work and I should be happy with a hundred dollar bill. Still, it seems criminal to charge someone just to look at their teeth and say there was no problem. I think everyone should be dentists - theres a lot of money to be made...

4 comments:

Sam said...

Aaaah, brings back memories ay Seymour...

'Oh boy Seymour, the things we're gonna do to your MOUTH!'

Jono said...

Yes, it does indeed...

I never did get a copy of that photo of you and me in the dentist scene. Maybe one day...

Anonymous said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA... (twas my que)

Jono said...

thanks leitch... good memories