Wednesday, May 18, 2005

“Ain’ the stars perty t’naht?”

It must be lonely, out in space. Even with its millions of galaxies and billions of stars, there is a darkness that invades it. The stars themselves can’t understand this darkness, for their glorious light pierces it, nullifies it. They cannot know, for they cannot see, that darkness eludes them - yet it is their own light that stops them from seeing. It must be lonely there, in that darkness. It sees the light of the stars and yet sadly, cannot draw near.

In my darkness, you are the light
In my desperation, you are my comforter
In my loneliness, you are my friend
In my heart, you are Lord of my life

3 comments:

Tash McGill said...

Jono.. you sound sad my friend, which makes me feel bad for being so lighthearted last night.

May your loneliness be eased.

Tash McGill said...

and also this post is exceptionally beautiful

Jono said...

thanks tash....my singing lesson today was incredibly fabby so any sadness is washed under the carpet...