Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Paradox of the Civil Union

I was just chatting with my mate Mitch today who has come up with the most brilliant loop hole in the Civil Union legislation. He proposes that if he was to get a civil union with his girlfriend (removed from the church) he would hence be able to receive a student allowance as the poor couple trying to make their way in the world instead of being excluded by the government based on the income of his parents. As if your parents after 18 years of raising you could be stuffed paying for any of your university fees...Sheer brilliance on Mitch's part.

The only problem that could cripple the whole plan is the issue of living together....meh! I guess i'll just put that into the section of my brain simply refered to as the "section of the brain which contains paradoxi that conflict with the rational and theology which my life satellites."

Stupid brain still working at half past midnight. GRRRR.

(Hmmm. i wonder what miss pennybrains will mock out of that. I look forward to a good laugh tomorrow night.)

3 comments:

Jono said...

Ok. by "removed from the church" i simply mean a union that has nothing to do with the church, it is effectively not a marriage, so he could end the civil union if the relationship ended without being concerned of causing sin when he did get married. Believe me there is nothing theologically sound in this plan.

You will just have to get used to the things that interest me and my friends or not bother reading as "it is of no concern" to you.

Jono said...

Oh...ok well i apologise for missing the boat. Your humour must be far too intelligent for me...i didn't laugh needless to say.

HammerRock said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.