Monday, May 09, 2005

Jonathan Boyd Palmer

Following on from the excellent blog I have just read on Jacob's testimony - funny how quite a few people had no idea what Jakes was going on about...hmm - I thought I should share mine, so that those who read this blog have some idea of who I am and what I am like.

So, I was born in Auckland, New Zealand on the 4th November 1986. Since then I have lived on the North Shore with my parents and my brother. I was nutured in a commited christian home and since I can remember have had the knowledge of God and the presense of Jesus in my life. I was baptised in my heart when I was 13 and physically last August. (2004) My life is centered around the church and my passion for music.

I am a worship leader at Windsor Park Baptist Church and have played keys in the band for 4 years. I am currently studying for a Bachelor of Music and a Bachelor of Arts at Auckland University, double majoring in Performance Voice and Classical Studies. A large majority of my friends are also passionate about music and using music to grow the kingdom of God.

I have found the beginning of this year to contain some of the most difficult struggles of my life. University in itself is a huge step from high school and the pressures of university philosophy and the independance that goes with being at university has put great stress on my relationships with friends and with God. Because school is such an awesome tool to maintain friendships, being at a stage where you really have to work hard to see you friends has meant that I have neglected some of those people who I hold most dear to me. This is my most current struggle and an area that I have to commit to God to fix.

Having said that, one of the greatest things that has helped me in this time of change is directly related to a change in my prayer patterns. Rather than simply praying to God for the things I want, I now pray that God would be able to do his will for me and my life. This has meant that my prayers have always been answered and I am seeing that God is changing the desires of my heart to be the desires of his - this was the most important revelation I had at Easter camp and so far the best this year.

So, there we go...me in a nutshell.

3 comments:

[♥] Andrea [♥] said...

hey =] i liv in NZ too

Jono said...

Hmmm, well that was an unexpected start to my blog.... no comment.

As a side note: While it is my policy not to remove distasteful posts I must request that as a person who knows jack all about me, I would appreciate that you left out the 'good advice' you clearly believe you are giving.

miley said...

hey jq
i am saddened to see that these strange people have found your blog as well. they have been having a go at me for a wile now. but i think that they truly need prayer couse their lives are obvously so unfulfilled. but i think infact that their behavour will ultamatly for the glory of God espshaly if we continue to witness on our blogs about how good God is!!!!