Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Humble me

God can be very very humbling at times. I experienced one of the most powerful moments with God that I have ever had. While trying to write music last night we found great difficulty. There was something blocking us from doing what we wanted to do. I'm pretty sure it was God. In our excitement of what he is doing in our team and what we see in the future, we lost sight of what we were there for. To write songs of praise to our Heavenly Father, that he may be glorified. I was changed last night. God has been placing in my heart over recent months a heavy burden. When I am with him and he is working through me, the heavy burden is lifted.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)

"Father, may you take my life and let it be one with you. Humble me, so that I may do your work, that your kingdom may be built up. Amen."

3 comments:

Jono said...

Umm... i found something that better represented me... You must be informed that when you found my blog, I had only just made it and was working out what I wanted on it. Yes, I guess I could talk about other things in my life but this is was is particularily important at the moment...you may think it sad that my following Christ in all aspects of my life but I wouldnt have it any other way. I've tried to life my life many other ways but it just doesnt work...

Jono said...

sorry neeta, the "sad" reference was really for miss penny...thanks for your blog

Jono said...

dear miss penny hinkler,

as i have made frightfully clear to you, I do not mind if you berate me or wish to keep me on you iap. I cannot however allow you to berate my friends. If you do so on my blog it will be deleted.